And it's 17th May today. Anyways Sachin promised to post a recipe here which I don't think is going to be fullfilled any case. He makes good in kitchen but to put it on here :P Hope some day he will do that.
Okie now talked a lot , lets start cooking today Pav Bhaji, ummmm I just love it and so does sachin :)
Although there are various ways of preparing this, the way I follow is given below:
- Potatoes (Basic ingredient :D and must cannot be skipped in any given case ) 5 big ones
- Onions 4 big ones
- Spring onions 1 (optional)
- Green Capsicum 3 big ones
- Carrot 2 in nos
- Grean Beans 4 to 5 (can be skipped if not preferred)
- Green peas (matter) 1 bowl
- Cauliflower 1 big
- Tomatoes 8 big ones
- Red beans(rajma) 1/2 small bowl soaked overnight
- Cholley (kabuli channa) 1/2 small bowl soaked over night
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Green Chillies (according to your taste buds)
- Salt to taste
- Pav Bhaji masala 2 spoons
- Butter - 300 gms
- Tumeric powder - 1 tsp
- Asteofida (Hing) - 1 tsp
- Corriander powder - 2 tsp
- Fresh corriander leaves finely chopped (1 bowl)
- Soak rajma and kabuli channa overnight in a bowl
- Now pressure cook this rajma and kabuli channa with salt for 3 whistles. It should become tender enough.
- Boil potatoes, peel them and mash them
- Take cauliflower, soak it in diluted water (water + vinegar).
- Now if you have got food processor your life will become easier like anything
- Chop the onions along with green chillies in processor and keep it aside. Along with it in blender you can puree the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Now take cauliflower,carrot, capsicum, beans in processor and chop them finely
Once the pre-preparation is done it comes to cooking time.
- Take a wok (kardaahi or deep pan) and put 150 gms of butter to it. Saute the onions in it along with green chillies. Saute well
- Once onions half done add ginger garlic paste to it and cook till golden brown.
- Now add the vegetables (cauliflower + beans + capsicum + Carrot+ green beans) to it and cook till it's tender
- Once the vegetables are fried well add tomato puree to it. Add tumeric powder (haldi),asteofida, corriander powder,Salt and pav bhaji masala.
- Simmer it and cook till the tomatoes are properly cooked and it starts leaving butter.
- Once done add the potatoes, 50 gm of butter, rajma and cholley to it.mix well. Now add 1 glass of water to it. and let it cook on simmer.
- AS I have already mashed and chopped things finely thats why it do not require the masher, but still you can use your masher in between.
- Add 1/2 cup of coriander to it , cover it and cook for 2 mins It's done now
Serve it with Pav's
Cut the Pavs into two equal halves and roast on the griddle (tawa) with butter on both sides.
Take bhaji in a plate, put some fresh corriander leaves, some chopped onions and a piece of butter, put two pavs in the side and serve it very hot
Do tell me how it come out to be